Monday 19 February 2018

Far Corfe: Abhuman Hired Gun - Part 1

"Hire this abhuman slab of muscle for your gang, entourage or block party; ask about our competitive rates - no bull!"
I think we've all looked at the really great stuff that's coming out for Necromunda 3.0 and then at all of the third party minis and scenery that's out there to augment it and longed to be able to make our gaming and hobby budgets stretch further.

Personally, I really popped for the Gor Half Horn mini, until I saw that he was around £18 from Forge World and realised that I could get something like ten metal miniatures for the same price from some independent online retailers.

Seeing other people making their own version of the beastman with a plan made me dip into the minis that have been doing nothing in a box down the cellar for decades, and I came up with some of the minotaurs from the original Warhammer Quest game.

Front - basically, if the horns are pointing in your direction, you're in deep trouble...

L Side - I figure this guy uses a backpack like you'd use a knapsack or belt-pouch and keeps the knife for when he needs a tooth-pick.

R Side - close up on the chopper

Back - the best side of this guy for most people to see...

I figure that if there are goat-like beastmen and orgryns of similar stature amongst the abhumans that abound in the Imperium, then there must be minotaurs lurking in the shadows as well, too unruly to be corralled into the armies of man and yet physically potent enough to be in demand as hired muscle when it's power that's required and not tactical precision.

I did have a go at giving the brute a firearm of some kind, trying to work a space marine plasma cannon into something that could be slung across his back, but the awkwardness of it and the sheer lack of finesse in a minotaur made me give up and decide that he was never really supposed to be tasked with anything but physical combat anyway.

There's noting more that I feel needs to be added to this mini, and so he's up for priming and flocking on the base and then painting as soon as possible.

I'm still contemplating a name for him and thinking that he might make a nice partner for a human adventurer that I have on order from Hasslefree Miniatures on account of their matching close combat weapons.

As always, let me know what you think in the comments below.

1 comment:

We Print Miniatures - Wasteland Bounty Hunters & Competition...

The gang's all here - Wasteland Bounty Hunters pose for a rare group photo on the outskirts of the sprawl 3D printing is probably rightl...